Saturday, October 20, 2012

Email: Una Voce America

Laurence,
I was looking for your Una Voce chapter website recently and it looks like it's been disabled.
Have you moved it to another server or to another address?
That was such a great site -- visually one of the best Una Voce sites out there ... I hope you kept it alive somehow.
Thanks,
Una Voce America, Board Member


Hi "xxxx",

I do apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I actually gave up the UVSB presidency back in 2010. The new president is Noah Moerbeek. I don't believe he maintained some kind of website. The problem with the website was, our webmaster sort of stopped helping us with technical issues. One day all of the links which I worked so hard to compile and to categorize and sort were no longer live and post tags were no longer working. At that point I lost my motivation to keep the site current. I had created a new website last year (Cal Latin Mass Blog) which I envisioned to be a California State-wide effort to get reps from all/most of the Latin Mass parishes to submit reports, pictures, events so that Californians can be informed as to what is available for them at all of our parishes. Alas, as usual, it was only left to the intrinsically motivated. I had recently regained some excitement to start again, and so I will probably plan some projects to promote the Latin Mass. So, please stay tuned! Thank you for the encouragement, I am glad at least some people miss my old site. I have received compliments from many people. I was told Una Voce Philippines modeled their site off of mine. May God continue to bless the efforts of Una Voce.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi Laurence,
Thanks for your reply. I fully know what you mean about how projects can fade away like that. I hope you will do something again though -- perhaps a regional blog or helping a local group get a site started. I really enjoyed the visual style and design you brought to the old site.
Thanks again and God bless
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment