Thursday, February 2, 2012

Father Shannon Collins, CPM

It is with great pleasure that I report the whereabouts of Fr. Shannon Collins, a Fathers of Mercy priest. He was once the vocations director of the community, and the chaplain for the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament, built by Mother Angelica. He has produced many powerful media products for EWTN and St Joseph Communications. Many speculations have circulated since 2005 as to the whys and wheres of his present assignment. Well, I did some digging today and found him. I found an obscure website referencing a Latin Mass in Kentucky. I called the parish phone number. A priest answered and I spoke to him a few minutes. He confirmed that there is in fact a Latin Mass there on Sundays at noon. I asked about Fr. Collins, and he said that Fr. Collins is at the parish of St. Bernard in Covington, KY. I asked if the Extraordinary Form is offered at that parish, and he said yes. I found the parish website and found no indication of an EF at that parish.

AMDG
Laurence G.
CA Latin Mass Blog


In The End My Immaculate Heart Will Triumph

No comments:

Post a Comment