Thursday, April 19, 2012

Holy Spirit Catholic Church (Lantana, FL) - March 11, 2012



http://holyspiritlantana.com/

This was a third Sunday, and so for my second Mass of the day, I assisted at the "Extraordinary Form" offered at this parish in Lantana, Florida. It is near West Palm Beach. Here we find, in my opinion, a far worse spectacle than a poorly offered Novus Ordo, a poorly offered Latin Mass. Two candles were lit, which signifies a Low Mass. Yet, some ordinary parts were sung, by the priest. The Pater Noster was entirely sung by the people. The young priest had an awesome sermon and has a great singing voice, but please, don't give me a hybrid Mass. 

What makes it worse; when I spoke with the coordinator there and explained that the ordinary could not be sung in a Low Mass, he was very dismissive. I was glad to have assisted at my first and third Mass at "alternative" venues, shall we say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment